Sunday, April 17, 2016

Exciting sightings


It's not a couple of little rocks.
"Now you see me ... now you don't."
I would like to share a praise: I went to Jakobsen's beach with the 4 kids on Saturday as Luke was at a long church meeting. It was unusually quiet and we had the place to ourselves. The girls stayed close to the edge instead of venturing to snorkel by the cliffs or "fish world" as they call it. As we were relaxing in the sand and warming up we saw a hippo near the rocks (right where the kids like to snorkel). It resurfaced 3 other times before heading in the direction of beach 1. We watched in awe from the safety of the sandy beach. The girls got a little frantic and kept telling me that they were ready to head home and could we please hurry!
I am thankful for the times that God protects us and we don't even know it.
Just 3 minutes before I was taking photos of Aaron.
So the girls went to the changing rooms while I got the boys dressed and packed our things. A few minutes later the girls came back telling of how they'd jumped when they saw a monitor lizard run in front of them. They thought it was funny because they were already a bit uneasy with the sighting of a hippo. As we talked excitedly on our way back to the car and past the fresh zebra poop there was a scurrying just ahead and I saw a duiker bound along the path and into the cover of the trees!
I think I'll go to the beach with Luke next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment