Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Language School Routine

Well we've been here at Language School for over a month now and are settling into the routine of things. Breakfast is at 7 AM. Then Gina goes to classes from 8 to 12 in the morning. We get to see her at 10 AM for a "tea-break". After lunch we usually try and take a nap but Esther is pretty good at preventing that. At 2:30 PM Gina goes back for more language drills until 4 PM at which time we have another tea break. 

While Mommy is gone Esther and I stay "home". I read her books and we memorize and review our Bible verses. After that Esther plays on her own while I try and get some reading and studying done. Esther is quite "normal" for a 2 year old so naturally, quite a bit of my day is taken up with disciplining and instructing her and teaching her "common sense". (I have found common sense to be quite uncommon in children). I don't know why she can't just behave like an adult (just kidding). Esther loves going to the farm to see the cows and pigs. Esther is for the most part "potty trained" although occasionally there are some accidents. She usually needs a nap in the morning and one in the afternoon, otherwise she gets really grumpy. It is sometimes difficult for me (Luke) to be the "mom" at home so I would appreciate your prayers for me concerning that. 

When Mommy is done with school for the day we try and go for a walk either before or after supper. By 6:45 PM it is almost completely dark so we go back to our room. We usually check email and then have devotions (singing, reading and praying) before putting Esther to bed. Then Gina reviews her notes and does her homework before going to bed.

4 comments:

  1. say, you have done a great job on the blog.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the description of your days; it gives me a mind picture, and a better idea of how to pray. Praying that you'll all stay well! -Krissy Kellett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Luke for the time you put into this blog. I am glad to see where you are and what you are all doing. Keep up the good work Gina. Luke it sounds like you are doing good at "being Mom" after all the dad is very important too.:)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Luke, Gina, and Esther. The girls and I looked at the bugs. Some were really cool and ohters no thank you. :) Esther looks like she is having fun inspite of wearing you out. I will be praying for you all. I look forward to hearing more from you all. Mary

    ReplyDelete