| Grandma enjoying a sail with her son Harry. |
| Visiting Grandma in Virginia July 2011 |
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
May 1, 1915 - Sept. 13, 2011
Eleanor Loizeaux Johnson passed into the presence of her Savior on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 2:40 AM.
Our last visit with Grandma this summer was especially sweet. She was up early, making her mile-long walk before the heat of the day. At meal times we lingered at the table to chat. She was happy to meet Emily and watch Esther in the pool. She spoke of loved ones that weren't following the Lord, and you could see that her heart was really burdened for those individuals. She wanted to know of the work in Tanzania and how Luke was managing with the many teaching engagements, glad that he was using his spiritual gift. She encouraged me (Gina) to devote my time to my children during their young age. That visit will never be repeated, but we're so glad we could see her one last time this side of Glory. We will miss her greatly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Gina, Sounds like a wise old lady. My 93 year old friend Helen is failing now but when I came here from Thailand in 93 she was always reminding me that my priorities were to love my husband and children and make a good home for them. Even though I knew that there were always pressures to change my priorities! I'm so glad The Lord helped me stand firm. WE are SÖ enjoying our adult children and seeing God at work in their lives. And I have good memories that I did my best to make a happy, Christ centered home. (Failing all over the map of course! God is so good, truly like a benevolent grandfather as someone put it--he loves us so much it gives him delight to bless us.
ReplyDelete